Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
MikePruett
Valued Contributor

FortiAnalyzer in Azure

Hey Guys,

How much is a FortiAnalyzer in Azure running you monthly to maintain? I am half tempted to make the jump from appliance to that but I wanted to wrap my head around those particular costs first.

How do you guys deploy it as well from a security and practice standpoint.

Mike Pruett Fortinet GURU | Fortinet Training Videos
5 REPLIES 5
ga
New Contributor

Hi Mike,

I'm trying FAZ on Azure for over a month.

I pay about 56€ in one month.

DS1 Standard v2 (1 core, 3.5 GB) + Premium_LRS 1TB

The major cost:

Compute Hours - EU West: ~34€

Premium Storage - Page Blob/P10 (Units) - EU West: ~14€

IP Address Hours - Public IP Addresses: ~2€

5GB of data transfer out are included (i used about 2.5GB in a mount, for access to console and monitor FGT)

My 24GB of data transfer in (log traffic from my FGT) are 0€

I do not know why, but AWS is slightly more expensive (~80€/month), because in the marketplace is not possible to have a equivalent VM to that available on Azure for FAZ.

From the point of view of security, I'm thinking the best solution.

G

MikePruett
Valued Contributor

Yeah, I was half tempted to grab a Azure license and throw it up. I know incoming traffic is free which is nice.

I would probably make it email me reports at a set interval and of course send alerts so I don't know. Was figuring I would ask haha.

Mike Pruett Fortinet GURU | Fortinet Training Videos
huzefa47

Hi,

Can you guys let me know how much storage space are you using on azure?

FortiAnalyzer VM with 6 Gb subscription supports upto 3.5 TB storage but on Azure the maximum storage i can see is for D4 and D4_V2 which is 400GB of local storage only.

Calvyn_Lee

huzefa47 wrote:

Hi,

Can you guys let me know how much storage space are you using on azure?

FortiAnalyzer VM with 6 Gb subscription supports upto 3.5 TB storage but on Azure the maximum storage i can see is for D4 and D4_V2 which is 400GB of local storage only.

the so call local storage is just a temporary storage D drive. Is not recommended to store your data there as once VM reboot, the data will no longer there.

You may add on additional storage, and charges based on the storage you use. Basically no max cap.

Morning an Engineer, Night a Marketer
Morning an Engineer, Night a Marketer
GarrettL

Hi Mike,

A bit old of a thread but wanted to chime in if it helps a little.  Here's a breakdown of our FAZ costs in Azure with straight up list pricing (versus Partner discounts, etc.):

Region: North Central US

Fixed Costs:

Reservation: Compute: Standard_D2s_v3 (2vCPUs,8GB) Term: 3 Years Cost: $988

Monthly: $27.45

Variable Costs: $26-28 / Month. Storage: 32GB Premium Disk on OS, 512 GB Standard Disk on Logs

Reports are generated weekly for customers and other than some IO struggles on the log disk since going to 6.0, it's been working like a champ.

Hope this helps!

-Garrett

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors