Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
AlexFerenX
New Contributor

FortiAnalyzer VM resourcing in a home lab

Hi!

Fortinet recommends 16GB/4Core for FortiAnalyzer VM 7.2.4. However, for a home-lab (using a Trial license) with ONE managed device (SOHO-grade Fortigate), that's a lot of resources. What are repercussions of reducing (say, 8GB/2Core)?

R’s, FerenX

4 REPLIES 4
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hi Alex

Repercussions can be divers (slow execution, slow GUI, ...).

But since it is home-lab and the required minimum resources are for 300 IOPS, then I guess there is no risk, so you can try and check resource consumption after.

For info we have a lab FAZ 7.2.x with 4 CPU and 16 GB for just one FGT. I noticed that RAM consumption is only 28% and CPU consumption is no more than 15%.

AEK
AEK
AlexFerenX
New Contributor

Hi AEK... I see a warning if I specify less than 16GB/4Core to the VM instance, irrespective of actual IOPS. I can ignore, but.. I was hoping there is a way to determine realistic resource requirement based on actual utilisation. R's, FerenX

jasonhong
Staff
Staff

Hi,

You may refer to below doc link showing the minimum system requirement for FAZ based on the analytics logging rate.

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortianalyzer-private-cloud/7.4.0/kvm-administration-guide/583600...

AlexFerenX

That's of no help - see above "I see a warning if I specify less than 16GB/4Core to the VM instance, irrespective of actual IOPS Log rate"

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors