Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Cglobal71
New Contributor

FortiAnalyzer VM - No data in Fortiview

Hello,

I allow to contact you because I shall need help.

I have installed Fortianalyzer VM for Lab. I had fortigates in "Device manager" and I had log in "Log view"

But I haven't no data in fortiview, fortiview stayed  empty. I tried to repair database. I had no error.

Someone have an idea?

11 REPLIES 11
Nicholas_Doropoulos
Contributor

Hello, 

Have you configured your Fortigates' log settings so that they "point" to the FortiAnalyser?

NSE5, CCSE, CCNA R&S, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, MTA Security, ITIL v3

NSE5, CCSE, CCNA R&S, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, MTA Security, ITIL v3
Cglobal71

Yes, I have selected in "Display Logs From" FortiAnalyzer in each Fortigate. But fortiview stay empty

Nicholas_Doropoulos

How about the Fortigates themselves? Can you see any traffic under FortiView? If not, under Policy & Objects > IPv4 Policy > Logging Options have you selected Security Profiles or All Sessions. 

Moreover, what sort of traffic under FortiView would you like to see?

Cglobal71

On Fortigates Isaw traffic in fortiview. In Policy & Objects > IPv4 Policy > I have selected all sessions. I would like to see all traffic , websites visited, etc...

Nicholas_Doropoulos

Have you enabled the "Historical Fortiview Logs" option under Log Settings?

Cglobal71

Yes, but i don't see data in fortiview. A FortiGuard licence is necessary for view data in fortivew?

Asus
New Contributor

Hi 

kindly share VM to check do check the VM  specification  

Thanks & Regards

Asus

Thanks & Regards Asus
Cglobal71
New Contributor

My VM working in HYPER-V

My VM has only 2Gb of Memory. it's a problem? On fortianalyzer, memory recommended is 4G

brazz_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hey,

I think the license is the root cause here . 

A FortiGuard licence is necessary for view data in fortivew?

Thanks 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors