Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
EvanRaci
New Contributor III

FortiAnalyzer VM License Registration ( Offline )

Hi All,

We have purchased FortiAnalyzer VM license and received "Contract Registration Code".

We don't have internet access, so we need to do offline license registration for FAZ.

Normally, for physical device we use serial number and contract registration code to register in Fortinet portal and then download the license file and imported to the device. 

But the FortiAnalyzer VM, the default serial number before applying the license is FAZ-VM0000000001 and the serial number will be changed after we applied the real license.

We only have contract registration code to do registration right now as the VM serial number is default serial number.

Please help to guide me how can I do offline registration for FAZ with only “Contract Registration Code” I received.

Or should I receive any information other than “Contract Registration Code” to do offline registration for FAZ VM?

What is the correct way to do offline registration for new FAZ VM deployed in air-gap environments?

Thank you so much

9 REPLIES 9
srajeswaran
Staff
Staff

For registering VM, we need to use below.

• License registration code emailed to you after you placed an order for a FortiAnalyzer-VM
  • Support contract number
  • FortiAnalyzer IPv4 address

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortianalyzer-private-cloud/6.2.0/microsoft-hyper-v-administratio...

Regards,

Suraj

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

EvanRaci
New Contributor III

Hi Suraj,

Thank you so much, does that mean I also need to receive Support contract number to do registration?

I only received Contract registration code file . I need to follow-up with our distributor. Is my understanding correct?

srajeswaran

That is correct.

Regards,

Suraj

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

asrour
Staff
Staff

For the air-gapped FAZ, you need the entitlement file, if you don't have it, contact customer support they can provide it

Licensing in an air-gap environment | FortiAnalyzer 7.4.0 | Fortinet Document Library

A Srour
EvanRaci
New Contributor III

Hi A Srour,

Thank you

Does that mean I need to register FortiAnalyzer VM in Fortinet support portal using License registration code and support contract number I received then I can download License file from the portal.

After that I still need to follow air-gap procedure from step 1 to 7 in order to register successfully?

Is my understanding correct ?

asrour
Staff
Staff

Hi @EvanRaci 

- when you download the License from support portal then upload it to the FAZ, it needs internet access to be validated by Fortiguard

- In your case, just follow the link I provided earlier, Entitlement file is enough 

A Srour
EvanRaci
New Contributor III

Hi A Srour,

Got it thank you so much

But I still need to register FortiAnalyzer in Fortinet portal first in order to open a case with customer support team right ? 

In the future if we need to open technical case , the Fortianalyzer need to be registered in support portal, am I correct?

asrour
Staff
Staff

Hi Evan,

Requires to be registered with an active support contract. 

Thanks,

A Srour
EvanRaci
New Contributor III

Thank you, will get support contract number and register in support portal 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors