Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
shawnwaldman
New Contributor

FortiAnalyzer Logging Stops

I have a FortiGate 200E that is setup to log to the FortiAnalyzer. From time to time, I'll log in to the Analyzer and notice that logging has stopped. Does anyone know how to setup an alert that will notify us that logging has stopped on the FortAnalyzer? I can fix it by logging in to the FortiGate and toggling the logging from real-time to every minute, that seems to get it going again. 

Shawn

1 Solution
adawson_van_FTNT

Please be advised that in FortiAnalyzer firmware version 6.0, the default configuration has changed to 1440 minutes 

FAZ-VM64-Bridged # get system locallog setting log-interval-dev-no-logging: 1440

Therefore, the FortiAnalyzer will wait 24 hours to perform the log check and therefore generate a System Event Log if no logs have been received by the device.

However, it is important to consider that lowering this value and therefore increasing the frequency may hinder device performance.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
hzhao_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi Shawn,

By default, there will be some system event logs about "Device offline" as below:

2018-02-27 11:30:15 log_id=0029038009 type=event subtype=logdev pri=warning desc="Device offline" user="system" userfrom="system" msg="Device[xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] did not receive any log in last xx minutes."

In root ADOM, you can create an event handler based on this log and enable "Send Alert Email" on it.

Regards,

hz

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Agreed and that's what we do. Generate a alert trigger for the device and devid and fire it off.

Ken

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
adawson_van_FTNT

Please be advised that in FortiAnalyzer firmware version 6.0, the default configuration has changed to 1440 minutes 

FAZ-VM64-Bridged # get system locallog setting log-interval-dev-no-logging: 1440

Therefore, the FortiAnalyzer will wait 24 hours to perform the log check and therefore generate a System Event Log if no logs have been received by the device.

However, it is important to consider that lowering this value and therefore increasing the frequency may hinder device performance.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors