Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
rrahmanov
New Contributor

FortiAnalyzer Event Management, # of events stored

I am wondering how Event Management section set up.  Currently, I only see less than 400 events in the Event Management section and that is like 5 day span. I want to be able to go back in the history of far beyond 5 day span, lets say a month worth of events, including acknowledged ones. What type of issue is this and how can I fix it? 

1 Solution
scao_FTNT
Staff
Staff

based on FAZ model, different model has different default value for event management table size

FAZ300D default is 200 and FAZ3000D default is 500, and when table usage is 90%+, system will start to delete some old entries for new events

you can change this size in CLI to max 1000

FAZ300D # conf sys log alert (alert)# set max-alert-count    Maximum number of alerts supported. (alert)# set max-alert-count The    alert count range between 100 and 1000. (alert)# get max-alert-count     : 200 (alert)#

Thanks

simon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
scao_FTNT
Staff
Staff

based on FAZ model, different model has different default value for event management table size

FAZ300D default is 200 and FAZ3000D default is 500, and when table usage is 90%+, system will start to delete some old entries for new events

FAZ300D # conf sys log alert (alert)# set max-alert-count    Maximum number of alerts supported. (alert)# set max-alert-count The    alert count range between 100 and 1000. (alert)# get max-alert-count     : 200 (alert)#

Thanks

simon

rrahmanov

Well, I think we are using FAZVM64 on fortigate 1000c platform. I see 500 is being the max possible number to be shown on the page, so I assume 500 is a max.  Thank you for the CLI guide!

scao_FTNT wrote:

Thanks

simon

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors