Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Lachlan2
New Contributor

FortiAnalyzer: Bulk change meta fields for devices

Is there a way I can bulk update meta fields in FortiAnalyzer 7.2.2 with these meta fields already existing in FortiManager, e.g. for address. It is easy enough to export them from FMG but I am unsure on how to import this into FAZ.

Another question I have is if I can use these user defined meta fields in a dataset, where I could reference the meta field from "devid" or "devname"?

5 REPLIES 5
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Lachlan2,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello,

I have found this documentation:

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortianalyzer/7.2.1/administration-guide/611929/meta-fields

Could you please indicate to me if it is helping?

Regards,

Lachlan2

I am aware of editing a device manually, however, I am wondering if this is possible to do via uploading an export of FMG or just with a .csv and bulk importing into FAZ. This way makes it much easier and efficient when handling several hundreds of devices. 
Thanks.

Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello,

I will escalate your question to a FAZ expert and will come back to you ASAP!

Regards,

Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello,

I just discussed with my FAZ expert and he is requesting some screenshots to be sure of his answer and before to recommend you to open a ticket to our TAC.

Regards,

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors