Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
holden
New Contributor

FortiAPs not able to authorize after FW Upgrade

Hi,

we have updated a Fortigate 100D from 5.2.3-->5.2.10.

After the Upgrade the FortiAps are not authorized anymore. If i select authorize on a FortiAP  i recieve a "entry Not found". IT seems to be related to the FortiAP-Profile entry. In the Dropdownlist are not listed the Custom Profiles anymore.

Any suggestions how to solve it?

Thanks In Advance

3 REPLIES 3
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

I would check if the version of the FAP221C's firmware is supported by 5.2.10 first. 

Then every time we upgraded any FortiGates we would immediately check 'diag debug config-error-log read' even before checking all functions come back up, to see if any config corruption happened or some mis-config has been thrown out during the upgrade.

In your case I would check if the custom AP profile still exist via CLI 'show wireless-controller wtp-profile'. I'm assuming you changed the name when you created it. If it's still there, likely only the reference was changed to the default at 'config wireless-controller wtp'. Then you just need to change it back 'set wtp-profile PROFILE_NAME' under each FAP.

But I'm afraid your custom profile was thrown out for some reason, which should be described in config-rror-log. Then you might need to re-create it in a proper way with 5.2.10. We saw custom profiles were renamed to "temp..." or something like that when we upgraded a controller FG and worked fine.

holden

Hi,

thanks for your help.

The issue was solved with help from Fortinet Support.

After the Upgrade the default FortiAP Profile was corrupt. A customized Profile solved the issue.

regards

amanjotsingh_FTNT

Hi Holden,

I would recommend you to check the release notes of fortiAP. Some FortiAp only support some firmware of fortigate. By the way which FortiAPs you have  

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors