Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
RolandBaumgaertner72
New Contributor II

FortiAPs every second day down - After reboot everything is OK

Hi,

we updated a FG80E to 7.4.3 (also before with 7.4.X) and since than we have problems with 2 FortiAPs 221E which worked fine for years under 6.4.X.

We never had an issue with them, but after update to 7.4 (both, FGCluster and FPs) we have the problem that after 1-2 days they just dont work and we dont see them under managed FortiAPs. We have to reboot them and than it works fine for 1-2 days....that has happened like this now for 3-4 times.

Is there a known bug with 7.4.X for the APs? Anything we can check?

Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12
RolandBaumgaertner72

Hi,

we just have one FortiAP down again. We can access via web but on the FG it shows down. So again restart and OK.

This seams to be a bug in 7.4.2, no?

Thanks

Bjay_Prakash_Ghising
Contributor

Hi @RolandBaumgaertner72 

I have seen this issue multiple times for low-end devices. I don't think this is a bug.

The management traffic of FortiSwitch and FortiAP always breaks down time and again. It will only be established after reboot.

I think there is a limitation in maintaining reliable management traffic for FortiSwitch and FortiAP.

Correction is always welcome.

Kind regards, 

Bijay Prakash Ghising

Ghising
Ghising
dhight1980
New Contributor

This seems to be a bug.  We are having the same issue and found this: https://community.fortinet.com/t5/Support-Forum/AP-Fail/td-p/302730

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors