Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Fortilover
Contributor

FortiAPs - Suggestions for a good start implementig WiFi

Dear Fortinet Community.

We want to start with a WiFi project and we are faced with decisions to made. We want to choose good FortiAPs and after checking together with our Fortinet suppliers they stated that a FortiAP 231g could be a good solution. Have you some experience with FortiAPs? Which ones are good which ones are not so fine? An does anyone know if a FortiAP 233g is much better than a 231g? This is a very general question :) So feel free to give me some input about your experience :) Every comment is very much appreciated.

Ah and before I forget it. We use a Fortigate 100F (7.4.5) at the moment and think about a Fortigate 400/401F for the future. So we already know the limit for FortiAPs when it comes to the point that they should be managed centrally by the firewall. Fortigate 100F can manage up to 128 FortiAPs. Fortigate 400F can manage up to 512 FortiAPs.

With kindest regards

FortiLover

2 REPLIES 2
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hi FortiLover

As long as you maintain your FAP and FGT at the recommended/mature firmware version, you will have a good WiFi with no issue.

Here is a good starting point to compare FortiAP products.

https://www.fortinet.com/content/dam/fortinet/assets/data-sheets/Fortinet_Wireless_Product_Matrix.pd...

(I see 231G and 233G are almost the same)

FortiAP.png

AEK
AEK
Fortilover

This is what I have seen as well. I have checked the documentation (like in your picture) and have seen not so many differences. I see bigger differences when checking the Antenna Radiation Patterns... So I thought I just would like to get some experience from persons that have bought the 231g and then switched over to 233g or perhaps 4xx models... and then their reasons why they switched to another model. :) If it is interesting here are the Antenna Radiation Patterns comparisions for the 231g and 233g models:

Unbenannt.png

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors