Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
nolanm
New Contributor III

FortiAP431F OIDS

I'm setting up PRTG to monitor my network, I'm looking for the OIDs for the FortiAP431F to monitor CPU load and memory util. I saw another post on which a user gave a base OID(1.3.6.1.4.1.12356.101.14.4.4.1.20 for CPU load or 1.3.6.1.4.1.12356.101.14.4.4.1.21 for memory util)  to which I should add on 1.16.(Serial Number in ASCII decimal values). This doesn't work, I was wondering if anyone else has had similar issues and figured out either how to make those work or the correct OIDs? My AP is using os version 7.2.5

32 REPLIES 32
AEK

So what do you see when you type this snmpwalk command?

snmpwalk -v2c -c <community-name> <FG-IP> 1.3.6.1.4.1.12356.101.14.4.4

Edit: Here I removed the last ".1" since it is the AP id. So the command "should" list all available APs.

AEK
AEK
nolanm
New Contributor III

Where do you enter that command? I tried it in PuTTY and it told me no such command exists

AEK

I guess your PRTG is on a Linux host, right? In that case you can install the net-snmp package and run snmpwalk from CLI (I guess it is available for Windows as well).

Otherwise you can install it and run it from any other host, as long as you allow SNMP queries from the client IP (on FGT's SNMP config).

AEK
AEK
nolanm
New Contributor III

Here is a screenshot of both outputsHere is a screenshot of both outputsHere is a screenshot of both outputs

AEK

I don't see much output but from the little I can see it seems you have found it.

So you can use it to monitor CPU and RAM as mentioned before.

AEK
AEK
nolanm
New Contributor III

Hello AEK, 
My PRTG is hosted on Windows Server. I have set up net-snmp. Whenever I try to run the command you posted above (

snmpwalk -v2c -c <community-name> <FG-IP> 1.3.6.1.4.1.12356.101.14.4.4

) it says : "No such object available on this agent at this OID". But if I run the same command just without the last few numbers, I get results. 
I added the MIBS provided by Fortinet that I mentioned earlier in the thread to the usr/share/snmp/mibs and then restarted the agent but it still gives the same results, which makes sense because the OIDs aren't in the MIB. I'm confused as how you're getting those results.

nolanm
New Contributor III

Here is a better screenshot

screenshot_PRTG.pngscreenshot_PRTG.png

AEK

Hi Nolan

On the screenshot you shared on 06-14-2024 I can see from the partial output that you could list some information of the AP. I can't see much information but I think you are on the right way. I mean on that output you should find the CPU and Mem usage by using the right OIDs, the ones you are looking for.

AEK
AEK
nolanm
New Contributor III

It lists some OID's but I don't believe they're for CPU usage or RAM. Also wondering how you translate them to text. I just get a bunch of numerical Id's. No telling really what they do except for the obvious ones like those that return IP's, snmpwalkscreenshot.jpg

nolanm
New Contributor III

Whenever I try to snmptranslate the OID's returned it just returns them the same way they appear.snmptranslate_screenshot.jpg

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors