Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
telcoengineer
New Contributor

FortiAP

We recently took over an account with a fortigate 80C and a FAP210B. The Fortigate 80c crashed and will not boot due to internal memory issues. We have temporarily installed a different UTM (not fortinet) but obviously the AP is not working. I have defaulted the AP but am unable to web to it, I would like to configure it as a stand alone AP. I can telnet to it and can login.

The former IT company is unwilling to provide us with info on registration,

5 REPLIES 5
Bromont_FTNT
Staff
Staff

That FAP needs a Fortigate controller to function

ede_pfau

...and not only for pushing the config onto the AP but the AP tunnels the client traffic to the FGT to be then routed elsewhere. Because of this there is no standalone mode with FortiAPs.

Have you tried resurrecting the 80C? Console connection, boot thru powercycle, stop with any key, reformat flash, reload firmware from file via TFTP, reload previously saved config. Might help if at a pinch, RMA or replacement by a new FGT is of course the better longterm solution.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
pcraponi

I think that FAP210B can be managed by Forticloud Free, right?

Regards, Paulo Raponi

Regards, Paulo Raponi
Alby23
Contributor II

You could simply reset the AP with the button on the back side or telnet it (if you remember the IP).

jlindstrom
New Contributor

azh wrote:

Hello all, 

I think that FAP210B can be managed by Forticloud Free, right?

YES , If you have Forticloud Key for FAP210B .

OR connect to FAP webUI and manually configure Forticloud account info there.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors