Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
adogra
New Contributor

FortiAP wifi performance issue

Hi Guys,

One of our company office Wifi users are facing slowness and low performance of Wifi. We are using Fortigate 100D as a controller for FortiAP's(221C). No mesh topology. in total 4-5 AP's are there. there us no difference in any AP config or firmware. 

As of now I ran hrping and other ping plotter tool to see packet drop.

- in hrping I don't see any packet drop in hrping result to local gateway/firewall/ wifi controller.

- in Hrping results for internet google dns I see few packets drops randomly and high ms around 50, 200, 300,  upto 500.

- In Ping plotter  I see latency  of avg 40 ms to local gateway/ firewall/ controller.

- In Ping plotter I see latency of avg 60ms to google dns.

what do you think about above results. Is it normal?

- what are the other possible best quick way to find out  wifi performance issue or to find out any  rouge AP any pointer please

thanks

A

1 Solution
Sumanth_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Please check the RSSI value of the clients connected, How many clients are serviced by the AP & what is the rate at which clients are connected to AP. Is there any interference in the operating channels, If the clients are connected to 2.4G or 5G?

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Sumanth_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Please check the RSSI value of the clients connected, How many clients are serviced by the AP & what is the rate at which clients are connected to AP. Is there any interference in the operating channels, If the clients are connected to 2.4G or 5G?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors