Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Ruben-HesperusTech
New Contributor

FortiAP not allowing connection for the 3rd time this week. FortiCloud seemingly to blame.

Hello everyone. I've got a small network of FortiAPs managed by FortiCloud. Earlier this week they stopped allowing connections on 2 of the 3 SSIDs. I troubleshot for hours, DHCP, switches, new vlan, different DHCP server and couldn't make sense of it. Finally I changed the password to the SSID and they all started working immediately. I changed the password back and all the usual clients connected and all was well. I saw a post on reddit saying Forticloud was having issues, ok, no problem besides wasting a ton of time. The next day users reported the same problem. I changed the password then changed back, everything started working again with no other changes. Configs must be getting corrupt somehow? Next two days things are fine. Today the same problem happened with the same fix. What's going on here? Is Forticloud to blame? If this continues I'll reset the APs and manage with the Fortigate but I hate to have to get in the ceiling and do that. Anyone else experiencing the same thing? Any suggestions?

Ruben Guadiana
Former NSE7,4
Ruben GuadianaFormer NSE7,4
2 REPLIES 2
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Ruben,

Thank you for using the Community Forum.

I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Ruben,

We are still looking an answer for your question.

We will come back to you ASAP.

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors