Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ghofer
New Contributor II

FortiAP issue connected to fortiswitch

Hey All, 

I'm right in the middle of adding FortiSwitches to my current network. As of now, I have tp-link switches. I've already gone ahead and made a config converted over to fortilink and achieved basic connectivity, inter-vlan the whole nine yards. However, when I went to connect the fortiaps I can't seem to access them. I've gone ahead and made statics on each fortiap and still no luck. On the old switches, they worked perfectly and on the new ones I can't get them to connect at all. Any ideas would greatly help on what to check. When these fortiaps were connected to the fortiswitches, I couldn't get them to authorize in the fortigate nor could I access the HTTPs interface. When connected to old tp link switch no issues accessing the interface. The interface connected to these aps is configured as a trunk group with native-vlan being the same one configured on the tp-link. I don't have issues with any other device other than the fortiaps. 

I'm using FortiSwitch 148F-POE and a mixture of FP-321Es and FP-221Es. 

1 Solution
ghofer
New Contributor II

No worries. I called support. They informed me that I had to do DHCP and couldn't keep with the static configuration that was causing issues with paring. All good now. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello ghofer,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
ghofer
New Contributor II

No worries. I called support. They informed me that I had to do DHCP and couldn't keep with the static configuration that was causing issues with paring. All good now. 

Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your update and for sharing the solution.

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors