Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Franco
New Contributor III

FortiAP geographical area compatibility

Hi all,

I would like to understand if I could use a FortiAP-xxx-E-I (built for international geographic area) in Europe without issues (it will be managed by a Fortigate) and if I can mix FortiAP-xxx-E-E (built for european geographical area) and FortiAP-xxx-E-I (built for international geographic area) without issues managed by the same Fortigate in the european geographical area.

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

1 Solution
Franco
New Contributor III

At last, I got the 'I' supported regions (thank to the Fortinet technical support):

ALGERIA
ARMENIA
BAHRAIN
BRUNEI DARUSSALAM I
ISRAEL
JORDAN
KUWAIT
MOROCCO
MALDIVES
SENEGAL
QATAR
TURKMENISTAN
UZBEKISTAN

Then the "International" suffix (-I) is quite misleading. The only allowed regions are listed above.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Franco  ,

Thank you for using the Community Forum.

I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Regards,

Fortinet Community Team.
Franco
New Contributor III

Thank you very much for your help. I look forward to receiving your reply soon.

vpatil
Staff
Staff

@Franco Both the FortiAP units may technically work fine on the same FortiGate. However, for local Radio regulatory compliance purposes please consult your local Fortinet SE or Fortinet Reseller/Partner to validate your FortiAP units (with different region code) use-case. Thanks!

vpatil
Franco
New Contributor III

Thank you for your reply.
I just need to understand if exist technical issues to connect an International version (-I) of a FortiAP to a Fortigate in the European geographic area. For example I know the are issues using a Noth America (-A) version in european environments.
What is unclear what's the exact meaning of "International" versions unlike the others (-E, -A). Does it means they can be used everywhere?

vpatil

On the FortiAP (with "I" region code), please execute the following commands on the FortiAP CLI (SSH into FAP) to check what countries have "I" region code:

cw_diag -c all-countries
cw_diag -c all-countries | grep <COUNTRY>

This output will help you determine if "I" region code has any European countries associated with it.

vpatil
Franco
New Contributor III

If I had a FortiAP -I I didn't need to ask for this question...... I want to understand this to evaluate if I can buy that version of AP.

Franco
New Contributor III

I sincerely consider this situation quite odd. It sounds as Fortinet consider "a secret" the meaning of "International version" (-I) and its features. On the contrary I would expect it would be clearly declared.

Franco
New Contributor III

Then, finally, I have to consider this simple question unanswered.
I also asked to the Fortinet technical support...... a lot of talk, but any significative answer.
I must conclude they really don't know what they sell and how it works.
From my point of view this is unbelievable.

Franco
New Contributor III

At last, I got the 'I' supported regions (thank to the Fortinet technical support):

ALGERIA
ARMENIA
BAHRAIN
BRUNEI DARUSSALAM I
ISRAEL
JORDAN
KUWAIT
MOROCCO
MALDIVES
SENEGAL
QATAR
TURKMENISTAN
UZBEKISTAN

Then the "International" suffix (-I) is quite misleading. The only allowed regions are listed above.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors