Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
fohe
New Contributor III

FortiAP High Interfering

Hi, 

we are using 25x FortiAP 433F, our throughput is very bad and i can see on the FGT Dashboard that the interfering ssids are very high, the only wifis in this area are our own managed by the FGT. i can see in the AP list that only 2 Channels at 5ghz frequenzy are used. I thought that the fortigate should decide the best channel usage for the APs, is there any option to optimize it or do i have to set all channels manually? 

BR

FoHe

4 REPLIES 4
ebilcari
Staff
Staff

Do you experience interference on both bands even in 5GHz?

What channels are selected in Operation Profiles and at what channel width is used,

channels.PNG

There is a nice raw of information showing how the channels are coupled when different width per channel is configured, bigger channel width will result in less available channels.

Is the transmit power mode set to Auto? If the AP are too close to each other (overlapping) you can lower the minimum value in the range to a value of 6 or 3.

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
fohe
New Contributor III

Hi, yes we have it on both bands. 

image.png

I have a little bit different view than yours, (still on 7.0.12 because its a 90G and its the only Version available).  We have sleceted all the channels which are available, and the APs are still using only 3 differnt ones.  The transmit power is set to percentage, do you think it can help to set to auto? 

ebilcari

Every WiFi network is different but as common rule I would suggest to change the power mode to Auto and set the channel width to 20Mhz or 40Mhz.

The 5 GHz band should offer a cleaner medium, in 2.4 GHz band there is not much what you can do since the overlapping channels are only 3(4).

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
fohe
New Contributor III

Thanks we will try to change the power mode to auto. 

2,4 ghz is clear, not easy with only a few channels :(

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors