Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
claman88
New Contributor

FortiAP FortiGate-Managed & Licensing

Could someone clarify what the licensing options are for a FortiAP that is managed by a FortiGate? I'm aware there is an Advanced Management license when using Cloud-managed FortiAP but I want to confirm whether that is required for all FortiAP's or not. If you could point me to a document that explains this in detail, I would appreciate it. I've been searching documentation for a while & haven't found anything clear.

3 REPLIES 3
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

We're using FortiAPs managed by FortiGates without any additional licenses other than FortiCare support.

claman88

Thanks! I believe that's the case although I really wish Fortinet had this better documented. It sounds like the licensing is only required if you're doing cloud-based controller.

Djaggs

Hello,

I have FORTICARE SUPPORT but I am unable to download AP firmware. I get the following:

"You do not currently have an active support contract for this product. Firmware downloads are only available for products with an active support contract."

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors