Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
claman88
New Contributor

FortiAP FortiGate-Managed & Licensing

Could someone clarify what the licensing options are for a FortiAP that is managed by a FortiGate? I'm aware there is an Advanced Management license when using Cloud-managed FortiAP but I want to confirm whether that is required for all FortiAP's or not. If you could point me to a document that explains this in detail, I would appreciate it. I've been searching documentation for a while & haven't found anything clear.

3 REPLIES 3
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

We're using FortiAPs managed by FortiGates without any additional licenses other than FortiCare support.

claman88

Thanks! I believe that's the case although I really wish Fortinet had this better documented. It sounds like the licensing is only required if you're doing cloud-based controller.

Djaggs

Hello,

I have FORTICARE SUPPORT but I am unable to download AP firmware. I get the following:

"You do not currently have an active support contract for this product. Firmware downloads are only available for products with an active support contract."

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors