Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
a-vallsTBS
New Contributor

FortiAP DHCP-OFFER DHCP-DISCOVER Looped

Hello,

My infrastructure consists of 2 Fortigate 600E and 40 FAP231F.
Recently we updated the Fortigate to v7.2.8. The thing is, with this update, we started having trouble connecting to AP. A few users are unable to connect. In the logs of the AP, I see that they are looping in 'DHCP-OFFER DHCP-DISCOVER'. But if the same user moves around and connects to another AP, it can connect correctly. But if it goes the other way to the first AP, the problem of 'DHCP-OFFER DHCP-DISCOVER' gets looped again. This happened randomly to different APs.
If I downgrade FortiGate to v7.2.7, it doesn't happen, but I need to stay in v7.2.8.

I don't know what to see more. I tried everything but found no solution. Please, can you help me?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
hbac
Staff
Staff

Hi @a-vallsTBS,

What is the firmware version of the FortiAP? You can run DHCP debugs when it is not working by following this article: https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-Diagnosing-DHCP-on-a-FortiGate/ta-p/192960

You can also restart DHCP daemon by running "fnsysctl killall dhcpd" to see if it helps. 

Regards, 

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors