Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
serx
New Contributor

FortiAP 221E brick after upgrade

After firmware update 221E bricked. Trying to connect thru console pin (j44) inside AP. Maybe some information how to repair this ap.

from console i can see only:

▒▒▒f▒▒f▒`~`▒▒▒▒▒▒f▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒f▒▒f▒`~`▒▒▒▒▒▒f▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒f▒▒f▒`~`▒▒▒▒▒▒f▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒f▒▒f▒`~`▒▒▒▒▒▒f▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒f▒▒f▒`~`▒▒▒▒▒▒f▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒f▒▒f▒`~`▒▒▒▒▒▒f▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

MVP
MVP
1 Solution
sw2090
Honored Contributor

hm I saw similar output from a FortiExtender Console when the baud rate was incorrect.

Also parity and stop bit could be a culprit.

Also keep in mind that the pins onboard usually are a TTL serial header so you will need a level converter like MAX232 between it and pc. Also you must connect GND.

VCC (Circuit Power) Pin only needs to be connected when the AP does not have any other power supply connected.

Also do not forget about crosswiring: rx pin on board needs to connect tx on the other side and tx on board needs to conenct rx on other side.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

View solution in original post

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
8 REPLIES 8
adambomb1219
SuperUser
SuperUser

Look like your baud rate is not set correctly.  

serx
New Contributor

I tried all baud rate. No success. What can be different from normal console port ?

MVP
MVP
serx
New Contributor

I trying to use these pins.

353884623_3394414907539132_4127656659197364407_n.jpg

MVP
MVP
adambomb1219

Why do have the AP open?  Did you open a TAC case if you suspect an issue with the upgrade?

serx

Why not ?

MVP
MVP
sw2090
Honored Contributor

hm I saw similar output from a FortiExtender Console when the baud rate was incorrect.

Also parity and stop bit could be a culprit.

Also keep in mind that the pins onboard usually are a TTL serial header so you will need a level converter like MAX232 between it and pc. Also you must connect GND.

VCC (Circuit Power) Pin only needs to be connected when the AP does not have any other power supply connected.

Also do not forget about crosswiring: rx pin on board needs to connect tx on the other side and tx on board needs to conenct rx on other side.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
serx
New Contributor

thanks.with TTL works ;)

MVP
MVP
imadias1
New Contributor

Hi, I'm having the same problem.

I can already connect to the IAP, but I can't interrupt the boot.
It gives the idea that it does not accept the press any key

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors