Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
plushi
Visitor

FortiAP 221E Broadcasts signal but has no internet connection

I've been having issues getting my AP to work while building my network. I have a Fortigate 40F connected to a Fortiswitch 108F connected to a a FortiAP 221E. The Fortigate is running 6.4.15 and the AP is running 6.0. The AP shows up in the Wifi/Switch controller > Managed FortiAPs and shows that it is online. Its broadcasting the SSID I setup, but when I connect to it, it shows connected with no wifi. It also has a VLAN with a manual IP config.

I'm confused and need help, would anyone know why this would be doing this?

Also does anyone know how to delete VLANS, its not giving me the option to delete them. I want to try and put them on the fortigate instead of the switch

1 Solution
laltuzar
Staff
Staff

Can FortiGate reach out internet (simply ping 8.8.8.8)?

If so, you can try to follow the steps from this guide to set up your SSID's users to reach internet: LAN Edge Deployment Guide

Fortinet TAC - LATAM Secure Access Team

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
laltuzar
Staff
Staff

Can FortiGate reach out internet (simply ping 8.8.8.8)?

If so, you can try to follow the steps from this guide to set up your SSID's users to reach internet: LAN Edge Deployment Guide

plushi

No, the fortigate cannit ping to 8.8.8.8 I wonder why? Thats prob the issue

plushi

I figured it out, had to add a static route for the firewall to talk to the router. Everythings working now!

laltuzar
Staff
Staff

Yeah, you must check that first. You can try to use Policy lookup to see if you FortiGate is sending the traffic to the implicit deny or matching with any . See Policy views and policy lookup From previous replies I believe the policies are well configured, but if FG does not reach the internet, we cannot expect the SSID to do so.

As of now, I would think the issue would no longer remain on FortiAP-WLC configuration, but rather on SD-WAN configurations.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors