Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jallensj
New Contributor

FortiAP 221C and FortiWiFi 60D

I' m having trouble connecting the 221C. When I create a profile, it doesn' t appear in the drop down list. the 221C is also not listed in the default list so is it not supported on this firewall device? I' m running FortiOS 5.0.7. Thanks!
8 REPLIES 8
Carl_Wallmark
Valued Contributor

Hi, Read the release notes for 5.0.7, there should be a list of supported AP´s

FCNSA, FCNSP
---
FortiGate 200A/B, 224B, 110C, 100A/D, 80C/CM/Voice, 60B/C/CX/D, 50B, 40C, 30B
FortiAnalyzer 100B, 100C
FortiMail 100,100C
FortiManager VM
FortiAuthenticator VM
FortiToken
FortiAP 220B/221B, 11C

FCNSA, FCNSP---FortiGate 200A/B, 224B, 110C, 100A/D, 80C/CM/Voice, 60B/C/CX/D, 50B, 40C, 30BFortiAnalyzer 100B, 100CFortiMail 100,100CFortiManager VMFortiAuthenticator VMFortiTokenFortiAP 220B/221B, 11C
AndreaSoliva
Contributor III

Hi the AP' s based on 802.11ac (221c and/or 320C) " are not yet supported on FGT" . This is fact! This means if you choose 5.0.5/6/7 official released you will not be able to use them normaly. What you have to do is following: - Go to the below link (reachable regular over the normal way you would download a FGT image but before entering to 5.0 there is a Dir called " Feature Support) and download for your device this Branche of FortiGate image and install this image: ftp://support.fortinet.com/FortiGate/v5.00/Feature_Support/fg_5-0_wifi_11ac/build_tag_3468/ NOT There are several questions open regarding this release which are important and which have really to think about: - Can this Branche used to upgrade a version like 5.0.5/6/7 - Does this Branche include OpenSSL Vulnerability As mentioned if you would like to work with the newest AP' s 221c/320c you have to use this Branche. The official support for 802.11ac for AP' s 221c/320c is planed for 5.0.8 which is also planed by inofficial, unconfirmed information by mid of June 2014. PS: I ordered for about 1 month the 221c and/or 320c. The 221c is on the way but the 320c is not yet shipped and is confirmed by mid to end April to be shipped. Hope this helps have fun Andrea
jallensj

Andrea, Thanks for the information. I had to patch recently to 5.0.7 due to the OpenSSL vulnerability as it did affect systems so I just may need to wait for the next release and roll out the Wifi then. Thanks! Jeff
AndreaSoliva
Contributor III

Hi you can wait of course...I will test this afternoon the Feature support which from my point of view can be used in following way for the moment: 1. FortiGate based on 5.0.6 2. Apply Feature Support (because it is based on 5.0.6 it should work) 3. Upgrade to 5.0.7 Aftewards it has to be checked if the Feature Support is still there! Hope this helps have fun Andrea
AndreaSoliva
Contributor III

Hi forgett the informatione from the message before. I received following information: - The image 5.0.7 should not be used for the special build this means to apply Feature_Support do following: --> Starting that you have 5.x.x release --> Upgrade to 5.0.6 ref to official Upgrade Path --> Apply Feature_Support image on top of 5.0.6 DO NOT apply 5.0.7 to Feature_Support because Forti confirmed that special build meaning Feature_Support with covering OpenSSL " heartbleed" is on the way to be provided. I installed the stuff as described and -with a " very" complex config on 60D- all is working fine and all still there. AP profiles can now be created with 320C/221C etc. Tomorow I will get a laptop with ac support to test. So far nothing special. The speicla Feature_Support shows on the desktop: v5.0,build3468 (GA) If I' m looking to the AP 320C it shows: FP320C-v5.0-build450 Hope this helps have fun Andrea
hanstran
New Contributor

Hi, just starting on configuring my first Fortigate with wireless. And have run into some trouble. A colleague of mine did upgrade the Fortigate 100D to this version: FGT_100D-v500-build4457-FORTINET.out But no FortiAP 221C AP' s do show up under Managed devices??? They do lease an IP address OK via the DHCP on the interface. Anyone? Regards, Hans Jørgen Strandby Atea
Bromont_FTNT

hanstran... My first thought on this if you don' t already have wireless configured is that CAPWAP is not enabled on the interface settings where those APs connect to the Fortigate.
hanstran
New Contributor

CAPWAP is enabled on the AP interface. To give you some more details, the FGT100D is running three VDOMs, the AP interface and SSID is defined in the root VDOM. In my head this is necessary, when I need to have a SSID in each of the other two VDOMs??? Hans Jørgen
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors