Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Liorg
New Contributor

FortiAP 221B updated to v5.0-build075 and there is no radio signal

Hi,

I am using FOTINET 300C V5.0 build 0292 (GA Patch 9) and two FORTIAP 221B.

After updating AP Firmware they both stopped working and there is no radio signal.

Thanks,

Lior

3 REPLIES 3
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Hi Lior.

Welcome to the forums.  Have you manage to get this issue resolved?

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
Liorg
New Contributor

Hi Dave,

I didn't resolve this issue yet, I would appreciate your help

thanks,

Lior

Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Hi Lior.

You have not provided enough details about the issue to know where the problem lies.

If the 221Bs are not showing up under "Wifi & Switch Controller/Managed Devices/Manged FortiAPs" then check the Status LED is Green and the Ethernet port LED is either lit or flashing on either of them.  Make sure the local interface that these APs are connected to have CAPWAP enabled.

If the 221Bs are showing up under "Wifi & Switch Controller/Managed Devices/Manged FortiAPs" as connected and authorized (green check) then check the AP profile settings and/or confirm at least one SSID is assigned to them.  Try changing the AP Profile setting to automatic if need be.

I recommend reviewing the 221B quickStart guide  -- it will tell you more on how to configure these APs, including meaning of the LEDs, different wireless discovery modes, how to connect to the APs, etc.  

Things to keep in mind -- the APs need a physically connection on the local (or management) network, a routeable IP address, and be able to discover or told where to reach the wifi controller, CAPWAP enabled on the interface they are connected to. 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors