Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

Forti SSL VPN Freezes machines

Hi All, Just bought a FG200A unit. Activated the SSL VPN, and it worked fine for a couple of hours, until they connect again, then the problem arises: All of my remote workers are having the same problem with the SSL VPN, the pc completly freezes when they are connected. Only one solution is there, reset the computer with hard-reset... Anyone have simular issues, and got a solution? Thanks in advance. Regards, Marcel.
36 REPLIES 36
willem
New Contributor

Worked on it with our distributor and Fortinet support. It' s actually a bug in the FortiSSL adaptor. Both the ActiveX and the Java plugin have the same problem. Whether you encouter it or not depends on the amount of data you try to get through the tunnel. Fortinet engineering is working on it.
Willem __________________________________ FCNSP (Fortinet Certified Network Security Professional)
Willem __________________________________ FCNSP (Fortinet Certified Network Security Professional)
Not applicable

Worked on it with our distributor and Fortinet support. It' s actually a bug in the FortiSSL adaptor. Both the ActiveX and the Java plugin have the same problem. Whether you encouter it or not depends on the amount of data you try to get through the tunnel. Fortinet engineering is working on it. _____________________________ Willem
Hmmmm....this sort of makes sense, reason being is because the only time I see the lock up is when I' m accessing a file share and transferring files between my domain controller and the client. Otherwise everything has been working fine.
Not applicable

I just upgraded to MR3, and still locks up the machines =(
Not applicable

Everytime computer freezes, it creates this Event log: Event Type: Error Event Source: AutoEnrollment Event Category: None Event ID: 15 Date: 10/24/2006 Time: 4:30:49 PM User: N/A Description: Automatic certificate enrollment for local system failed to contact the active directory (0x8007054b). The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted. Enrollment will not be performed. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Not applicable

Event Type: Error Event Source: AutoEnrollment Event Category: None Event ID: 15 Date: 10/24/2006 Time: 4:30:49 PM User: N/A
This is a event which tells you that the Domain Controller is not availble for logon. Everytime you logon your machine while not in the network where the DC is located you will get this event indicating that the DC is unavailble. - What u can do to troubleshoot and help the guys&girls at Fortinet is to start dbgview before you connect to the SSL VPN, when it crashes your machine you have a logfile which can be sent to Fortinet support. (dbgview -> http://www.sysinternals.com/utilities/debugview.html) News: - I discovered that after a full windows update the system is not crashing anymore. I will keep testing for a while, cause it seems that the problem is fixing itself after a windows update... Regards, Marcel. -FG200A.
Not applicable

Hi There........... Regarding the problem of connecting to a windows 2003 Standard server using RDP through SSL VPN i also experienced Freezes of the RDP Session. After the " RDP CRASH" the server couldn`t be pinged, and looked DOWN. But its not down! Its running fine... So, After changing the SSL VPN Policy to service ANY, i have never experienced this problem again. Give it a try, Worked for me.
rwpatterson
Valued Contributor III

What ports/protocols did you have open before you switched to ' any' ? Thanks.

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com
vanc
New Contributor II

This freeze-up was confirmed by Fortinet dev team. A fix has been there and will be released in MR4.
Not applicable

AMEN!
Paul_Dean

About time.
NSE4
NSE4
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors