Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

Forti SSL VPN Freezes machines

Hi All, Just bought a FG200A unit. Activated the SSL VPN, and it worked fine for a couple of hours, until they connect again, then the problem arises: All of my remote workers are having the same problem with the SSL VPN, the pc completly freezes when they are connected. Only one solution is there, reset the computer with hard-reset... Anyone have simular issues, and got a solution? Thanks in advance. Regards, Marcel.
36 REPLIES 36
Not applicable

There' s a confirmed bug with SSL-VPN to windows 2003 servers (R2) the client will freeze upon connection, if you connect (RDP) to a winxp machine it works fine. Regards, Eric
Not applicable

Maybe I got lucky or something, but I connected with RDP to a W2K3 R2 over the Fortinet SSL-VPN and it worked perfect....
Not applicable

same problem here. has there been a fix for this?
Not applicable

Not yet...although someone above said they put in a ticket with Fortinet...would be nice to know the status on that :)
wcbenyip
New Contributor III

I got the same case before while my box is running v3.0mr2..... but now I have downgraded my box to v3.0mr1, and it works fine! Only one user with the freeze case, but I think it would be due to the installed sslvpn adapter on the PC is the new one (v3.0mr2), probably this client will works fine if uninstalled the new one and re-install the sslvpn component from v3.0mr1~ Anyone can share which firmware version are you using with the mentioned freeze issue?
Protect yourself~ http://www.secunia.com MBCS CEH FCNSA
Protect yourself~ http://www.secunia.com MBCS CEH FCNSA
Not applicable

Anyone can share which firmware version are you using with the mentioned freeze issue?
The code I' m using is Fortigate-60 3.00,build0318,060630, and I' m still having " crash" / " freeze up" problems.
Not applicable

There' s a bug in MR2 that will freeze client PC if connected to a Server 2003 (r2), if connected to a XP machine, that will work. Solution downgrade to MR1 or use Candidate Release MR3 Regards, Eric
Not applicable

I got: Fortigate-200A 3.00,build0318,060630. - Happens mostly on workstations and desktops, did alot of testing with notebooks doing really alot at the same time while connected and got no problems at all. - Also got it while connected to Windows 2003 Servers, all are running SP1, just a complete freeze of the machine with only option left to use reset button. - Support advised me to use different ip range for ssl vpn instead of the same ip range from the lan separated from the dhcp range. - did that ofcourse :-) Now most users do not complain about it cause also pptp server is active in the network, and rdp port forwarding for remote desktop. - intresting to see that more people have the same problem, even read that it was confirmed bug, so hopefully it will be solved. Thanks for reply, Regards, Marcel. -FG200A
willem
New Contributor

Got the same, even with using candidate release MR3
Willem __________________________________ FCNSP (Fortinet Certified Network Security Professional)
Willem __________________________________ FCNSP (Fortinet Certified Network Security Professional)
Not applicable

I' ve tried using the ActiveX from both MR1 & MR2, both freezes.
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors