Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

Forti SSL VPN Freezes machines

Hi All, Just bought a FG200A unit. Activated the SSL VPN, and it worked fine for a couple of hours, until they connect again, then the problem arises: All of my remote workers are having the same problem with the SSL VPN, the pc completly freezes when they are connected. Only one solution is there, reset the computer with hard-reset... Anyone have simular issues, and got a solution? Thanks in advance. Regards, Marcel.
36 REPLIES 36
red_adair
New Contributor III

Is this in in Web-mode or " Tunnel-mode" (when using that ActiveX component) only ? I' m using web-mode only but never had a similar issue - it also shouldn' t happen at all in Web-mode since it' s straight http. -R.
Not applicable

@ red.adiar: This is in Tunnel Mode. Have the checkbox not checked of the clean cache. thanks for your reply, ive made a support-ticket, hopefully it will be solved. Regards,
Not applicable

Hi! I' having the same problem - any news on this issue? On my notebook SSL-VPN works like a charm, but my workstation freezes after short time of activity Regards, Roland
Not applicable

I solved the problem. Ive changed the auth-timeout setting in the ssl vpn config. Setting the client authentication timeout setting: The client authentication timeout setting controls how long an authenticated connection will remain connected. When this time expires, the system forces the remote client to authenticate again. For example, to change the authentication timeout to 1800 seconds, enter the following commands: config vpn ssl settings set auth-timeout 1800 end - Also when you press CTRL+N in the IE ssl vpn browser window, the machine will freeze or hang, not always completly freeze. Now when i connect to the ssl vpn browser and log in, i can open anything on the internal lan longer then 30 mins, tested it and got connected for more then 60 mins. So al seems to work prefect now :-) Hope this helps, Regards,
Not applicable

I' ve been facing this same problem with the fortigate 60. Although the only time I find it to freeze my system is when I' m copying and or accessing files through a mapped drive over the SSL VPN. If i' m using outlook everything seems to be fine, but as soon as I start accessing a mapped drive it completely locks and or freezes up the system. I saw someone had put a ticket in for this, was there every any fix and or solution? TIA!
Netics
New Contributor

I have the same problem. it connects and when i try to connect via RDP (Remote desktop) to a server, my pc freeze. any ideas ?
Not applicable

I' m sorry but I can' t tell you a solution. Marcel' s suggestion doesn' t work for me and in the end I stopped using the SSL VPN service and switched to a local FortiClient installation. But if you find a solution please post it here in the forum! Good luck, Roland
Not applicable

local FortiClient installation
What exactly is the above quoted? I' m sort of new to fortigate, so I dont quite understand what this local FortiClient installation is. Thanks!
Not applicable

Take a look at: http://www.fortinet.com/products/forticlient.html In my case I use it as an IPSEC Client, all the other features like firewall, antivirus etc. are deactivated. Roland
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors