Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
omkam
New Contributor

Forti Analyzer upgradation

I want to upgrade Forti Analyzer 400E.

Current version: v6.2.3

Upgrade to: 7.0.4

I want to upgrade my Forti Analyzer from 6.2.3 to 7.0.4

As per the upgrade guide while upgrading from 6.2.x to 6.4.x, it requires log database rebuild according to the given KB.

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortianalyzer/7.2.1/upgrade-guide/545261/firmware-upgrade-paths

How much time it requires to rebuild the database?

1 Solution
Catriona
New Contributor

I haven't seen a specific document, but it would make sense to do the upgrades step-by-step, allowing each to complete. Since you'll have to wait for the rebuild, I see no advantage in potentially causing major database corruption.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
omkam
New Contributor

Also, the log database rebuilt happens when we are upgrading from 6.2.3 to 6.4.9. At the time of log database rebuild, can we upgrade to the next patch at the same time(i.e 7.0.4) or we have to wait for the log database rebuilt process to get completed?

Kindly suggest for the same

Catriona
New Contributor

The last time I upgraded a FAZ400E the database rebuild took nearly 10 days (9 days, 21 hours, 11 minutes and 0 seconds).  It might have been faster if I'd disabled the logging on the firewalls first. YMMV - It depends on the DB size and load on the box. AFAIK you have to wait for the DB rebuild to complete before upgrading again.

 

omkam
New Contributor

Is there any article which suggest to wait for the DB rebuild to complete before upgrading again?

If yes, would be helpful for the information

Catriona
New Contributor

I haven't seen a specific document, but it would make sense to do the upgrades step-by-step, allowing each to complete. Since you'll have to wait for the rebuild, I see no advantage in potentially causing major database corruption.

omkam
New Contributor

Hello Catriona,

Thank you for your response.

I would appreciate if there are any more suggestion on this whether to proceed with the upgrade or to wait till the Log DB rebuild as I have got mixed response for the same query.