Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Ferdo
New Contributor

Forti 600C v4.0-MR3 : Sql Log is 95% full. System will overwrite old logs now

HI, I get the following message from my Forti 600c since two weeks : " Sql Log is 95% full. System will overwrite old logs now." I want to know what action to do please. Regards Ferdo
4 REPLIES 4
stephen_ren_FTNT

This is nothing to worry about. If you want to keep all logs, just backup the old logs when the disk is almost full, and make space for new logs.
Myrella
New Contributor

Hello,

I have the same trouble, I would like to know how I can make space for new logs, please.

FortiGate 300C

Thank you.

ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

Actually you don't have to do anything in this situation. As the message states "old logs will be overwritten" from now on. This is normal behavior.

If you really want to delete log files manually you can use the "exec log" CLI command. Enter '?' for a list of options. You can select the log category first (exec log filter) and then delete the files of that category (exec log delete)

Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
Myrella
New Contributor

Thank you for your help ede_pfau  :)

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors