Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
tanww888
New Contributor

Fortclient keep block my browser

I have setup the endpoint protection since the day I bought my fortigate 60D. Every time, I re-install the the forticlient, it keeps block my web browsers. The reason for blocking my browsers is because it detects either my firefox or IE explorer trying to send network data. Once the blocking message has appeared, my web browsers are no longer access the internet. It is a pain that I have to uninstall and re-install the client software again. Is there something I can configure the firewall to resolve the issue?
4 REPLIES 4
Carl_Wallmark
Valued Contributor

Is the application firewall set to block web browsers ?

FCNSA, FCNSP
---
FortiGate 200A/B, 224B, 110C, 100A/D, 80C/CM/Voice, 60B/C/CX/D, 50B, 40C, 30B
FortiAnalyzer 100B, 100C
FortiMail 100,100C
FortiManager VM
FortiAuthenticator VM
FortiToken
FortiAP 220B/221B, 11C

FCNSA, FCNSP---FortiGate 200A/B, 224B, 110C, 100A/D, 80C/CM/Voice, 60B/C/CX/D, 50B, 40C, 30BFortiAnalyzer 100B, 100CFortiMail 100,100CFortiManager VMFortiAuthenticator VMFortiTokenFortiAP 220B/221B, 11C
tanww888
New Contributor

I am not sure. I did set application firewall to " block p2p" and turn on Web Category Filtering. Also checked the box for " Disable Web Category Filtering when protected by this Fortigate" . My Mac seem to work fine with Safari. I pretty much followed the same instructions from the Forticlient video.
Chris_Lin_FTNT

When your browser was blocked, what message did you see?
tanww888
New Contributor

No message. The browser will hung until timeout. It is funny, two days ago, it disable itself while the anti-virus was scanning. It pop-up a message said there is not firewall present and asked me if I want to enable the Win8 defender or Forticlient. At the end, I still choose Fortclient. It does not block any of my browsers so far, but not for long. Thanks!
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors