Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
AtiT
Valued Contributor

FortClient signature updates from FortiManager

Hello, I need some help with the following setup.

I installed a FortiManger as a FDS server for FortiClients and I set the following in the CLI:

config system global

set adom-mode advanced set adom-status enable end

config system interface edit "port1" set ip 192.168.1.90 255.255.255.0 set allowaccess ping https ssh set serviceaccess fgtupdates fclupdates webfilter-antispam next end

config fmupdate fct-services set port 8888 end

When I set a FC profile in the EMS to use the IP 192.168.1.90 for signature updates and port 8888 and failover port 8899 the FortiClient shows: Could not connect to the update server Sniffing the packet on the FortiManager I can see that the FortiClient tries to reach the manager on port 80 (why?) after that on port 8899. After the SYN packet a RESET packet is sent from the FortiManager.

When I enable HTTP access on the interface and set the port 80 or 8899 I can see communication to URL /fdsupdate and some response in HTTP: FCPRFCP Response The FortiClient ends with message: Online update failed

Where is the problem? How to set up FDS on FortiManager correctly?

FortiManager, EMS and FortiClient are on 6.0.4 version.

AtiT

AtiT
4 REPLIES 4
Stuart_Robertson
New Contributor

Hi,

Got the same issues using EMS and Micro-FortiGuard Server.  Any assistance would be appreciated

Thanks 

dombilod1

Hi AtiT

Have you found a way to fix this ?  Have the same issue here.

Thanks

dombilod1

I fixed the problem by putting same version of Fortimanager, that I was using on EMS and Forticlient.

We had EMS and FCT on 6.0.5 and FMGR on 6.2......  Rolling back FMGR to 6.0.5 did the trick.

Thanks

dara79

Hi, i had the same problem, running fortimanager 6.0 and 6.2..

i found a solution that worked for me,also worked on a lab setup.

server doesn't care about "config fmupdate fct-services", it don't listen on the port.

configure fortimanager update in the ems to the admin http port of the fortimanager so port 80 by default..

BR

Daniel

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors