Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ispcolohost
Contributor

Force FortiExtender FEX-511F to LTE mode?

Curious if anyone knows of a directive which can be used to force an FEX-511F FortiExtender into an LTE-only mode instead of allowing 5G?  I have one of these that I'm trying to make use of with T-Mobile.  I'm in an area where there's plenty of strong LTE coverage, but unfortunately I'm on the very edge of 5G with just enough to generate an RSSI that tends to move around from -98 to -103 dBi, which is unusable, but just enough signal to make the extender want to stay connected to 5G instead of trying LTE.  I'd like to force it to not use 5G until they put a closer tower in but can't find a way to do that.

4 REPLIES 4
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello ,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello,

We are still looking for someone to help you.

We will come back to you ASAP.

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
gfleming
Staff
Staff

I had a brief look and can't see anything. Is there any way your carrier can disable 5G on your account?

Cheers,
Graham
ricky_andre_76
New Contributor II

you need to send modem AT commands, but every company has its own commands. There is little or no documentation at all on how to solve connection and speed issues. This is just an example from the internet regarding another brand ...

Format:

AT+QCFG="nwscanmode"[,<scanmode>[,<effect>]]

Parameters

<scanmode> Number format, network search mode
0 AUTO
1 GSM only
2 UMTS only
3 LTE only

<effect> Number format, when to take effect
0 Take effect after UE reboots
1 Take effect immediately

Examples: