Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

[Fixed]FortiGate 60B - Troubles with Virtual IPs.

Hello, I have some troubles regarding virtual IPs . Currently, we use a FortiGate 60A in my enterprise. One interface (internal) is down because of water infiltration. So we have buy a new one: Fortigate 60B. I have configure this firewall as the old one, but VIP doesn' t work. I have configure it like this: - Create new VIP - Interface: wan1 - Static NAT (with VIP and mapped IP) -After, I add rule for this: - source: all - destination: my VIP - schedule: always - service: ANY - action: ACCEPT Maybe, I have forgot something ? It' s MR5 patch 1 for firmware. I have tried to upgrade it, but I have following error message: " It' s not an update file" ! While I take the good file: MR7 patch 3 .out extension. I don' t understand. If someone can help me, I will appreciate that. Sorry for my bad english, It' s not my native langage. Thank you !
3 REPLIES 3
Seppel
Contributor II

hi do you have the right ip addresses on external and internal vip definition.... and should all ports mapped or only one or more services? regards andy

Fortigate 500E HA Fortimail 200 Fortimanager

FortiEMS

FortiSandbox 1000D

FortiSwitch Network Some other Models in use :-) ---------------------------------------------------- FCSE ----------------------------------------------------

Fortigate 500E HA Fortimail 200 Fortimanager FortiEMS FortiSandbox 1000D FortiSwitch Network Some other Models in use :-) ---------------------------------------------------- FCSE ----------------------------------------------------
nsumner
New Contributor

You created a rule from where to where? It should be from WAN1-->Internal. Is that what you have?
Not applicable

Thanks for your answer. @Seppel: No problem with IP address, this FW isn' t in function, I configure this one in local in order to change the old one. It' s good IP, I simule WAN with desktop and LAN with my laptop. All port are mapped and all services active ... @nsummer: I created rule from WAN1-->Internal, with all ports and services, I just change destination with virtual IP. Thanks a lot. Have a good day ! Edit: My upgrade troubles are fixed! Edit2: I have solved VIP problem after upgrade and active serveur ping on wan1 interface.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors