Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
paulbrock
New Contributor III

Firmware upgrade went bad

Hi Everyone,

I recently attempted to update the firmware from 5.0  to 5.2.2 and after it came up i could get to everything via dns but could not ping anything inside of my lan including lan interface of firewall.

I looked at the network>interface >port and ping was turned on.

I have shares and i could get to a share via unc path but not via ip or ping it.

As i was on a tight schedule to have the Firewall back online i had to revert after 20 minutes .

I would love to have the new Firmware but am stuck

3 REPLIES 3
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

oops i did it again, FortiWeb vrs Fortigate, still did you upgrade the unit following the proper sequences? and migration path.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
paulbrock
New Contributor III

Hi Emnoc,

I believe you are correct, i may have jumped the gun in the upgrade.

I am currently running 5.0.7 Fortigate 800c

and the upgrade path is 5.0.7 to 5.0.9 to 5.2.2

missed the middle step when i did the upgrade

I was able to easily revert by booting back to secondary partion

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

is this a fortigate or fortiweb?

I thought I jumped the gun and quote a fortigate  version and migration strategy for a fortiweb, if it's a fortigate  , tha 5.0.9 is the jump point to 5.2.2 regardless if your in an earlier 5.0 or even a later 4.0.18 build. Always read the release notes and follow the upgrade-paths.

I just pulled the  fortiweb notes and it looks like going to 5.2.2 is not as complex

I would restore to my backup ( please say you backup the cfg b4 you started ) and then do my incremental  upgrade. if not you might find yourself having to rebuilt the cfg from scratch or a earlier backup. If you do find yourself in a jam, you might have to reformat the flash b4 you do the re-upgrade.

ken

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors