Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
PCBarnes
New Contributor

Firmware update gone wrong

Hello, I firmware upgraded my Fortinet 60F firewall from v. 7.4.2 to 7.4.4 today and since then the firewall has restarted endlessly. I've tried resetting the firewall with a pin on the back, but it doesn't help at all. What do I do to get my firewall going again?

1 Solution
ozkanaltas
Valued Contributor II

Hello @PCBarnes ,

Actually i don't know it will work or not. But i have this type of usb console cable.It works without any problem. You can read review and description your suggestion. If someone said its compatible with networking devices, i think its okay you can use it.

https://a.co/d/eI6C2uU

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW

View solution in original post

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
8 REPLIES 8
ozkanaltas
Valued Contributor II

Hello @PCBarnes,

Can you enter the configuration menu when you connect via console cable to your Fortigate? If you say yes, you can follow these steps for the formatting of the device. After the formatting process, you can upload your old configuration file to your device.

If you say no, you can create a ticket to Fortinet customer support. Maybe they decide to RMA.

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-Formatting-and-loading-FortiGate-firmware-...

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
PCBarnes

No, because I do not have a console cable, and if I had, I do not have a serial port anymore. Unless there is a console cable out there with an USB port on it.

ozkanaltas
Valued Contributor II

Hello @PCBarnes ,

You need to use console cable for checking what happens on backplane. Because of that if you have opportunity to get usb console cable, you sould buy it.

If you create a case to fortinet support, they will ask that.

PCBarnes

Do you think this could do the job?Cisco USB Console Cable.png

ozkanaltas
Valued Contributor II

Hello @PCBarnes ,

Actually i don't know it will work or not. But i have this type of usb console cable.It works without any problem. You can read review and description your suggestion. If someone said its compatible with networking devices, i think its okay you can use it.

https://a.co/d/eI6C2uU

PCBarnes

Ok, I think I'll buy that one :) Thank you!

JPvH
New Contributor

I have the same problem since yesterday. Dont think an USB will work when in endlessly restart loop will it?

RMA is what I will request. This new version OS (the one before) created also numerous issues with WIFI disconnecting. Support gave me a manual hotfix..... What is wrong with QA? :) 

PCBarnes
New Contributor

Hi JPvH, I came to the same conclusion and made an RMA request. The funny thing is that my new 60 F firewall doesn't suggest the 7.4.4 update, but one of my clients firewall does. However, I dare not install it, for fear of having the same problem as with my own!

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors