Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
FNT_Learner
New Contributor III

Firmware maturity levels - what does 'N' means?

Hello guys,

is there anyone who knows the exact meaning about letters added after fortios version. for example 6.4.9N . I already know there are 3 letters, (F,N,M). M is a tag indicates "Mature", F for "Feature". but there is no document about letter 'N'. I would be happy if anyone can give me a correct idea about it. 

thanks. 

11 REPLIES 11
funkylicious
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hello,

I have never seen N in a firmware release and I dont think its somewhere mentioned in the documentation, therefore it might have a special use case, for a specific issue/client if it really is.

geek
geek
FNT_Learner

if you go to this link you will see those letters after fortios version names.

https://docs.fortinet.com/upgrade-tool

ozkanaltas
Contributor III

Hello @FNT_Learner ,

I think this is not related to maturity level. Because maturity level use starts from 6.4.10. 

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/6.4.0/new-features/173707/introduce-maturity-firmware-l...

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
FNT_Learner

but in this link it is introduced from 7.2.0. but my question is still remained unanswered. what is the meaning of 'N' show in upgrade path tool?

smkml

Hi @FNT_Learner ,

I believe 'N' means not supported as you referring in upgrade path tool. 

FNT_Learner
New Contributor III

would you please tell me what do you mean by 'not supported'? Not supported for what?

ozkanaltas

Hello @FNT_Learner ,

You are right, maturity level is introduced with 7.2. But this feature use starts with 6.4.10 in the 6.4 version.

As you can see in the screenshot. Before 6.4.10 all versions tag with "N". I think this means "Neutral" or like that. Because these versions are not evaluated to maturity level.

image.png

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
FNT_Learner

But I'm not sure about it. please give me an evidence or official document to ensure.

ozkanaltas

You can see it in this link. I think this is big evidence. 

"FortiOS 6.4.10 and later firmware images use tags to indicate the following maturity levels:"

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/6.4.0/new-features/173707/introduce-maturity-firmware-l... 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors