Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
shaheer
New Contributor

Firmware image for fortianalyzer

Hi,

Could anyone please let me know is it firmware same for fortinet firewall and fortianalyzer?

as we're using fortigate 600C & fortianalyzer 100C and since i need to download v4.0 MR3 Patch 6...i need to download it from fortigate firmware image download section, right?

Also do we need to backup the firmware image from the device or download image whenever needed from web?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Shaheer E.P.

6 REPLIES 6
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Each device has their own firmware, which can be downloaded from the support site.  I would advise that you read the firmware patch notes for each device (especially for FortiAnalyzer) for upgrade instructions, backup procedures, compatibility, etc.

It's always a good idea to keep a back up copy of the firmware, though the Fortigate devices usually has room for 2 or more firmware images.  (Doesn't matter where you get the firmware from, as long as the file checksum matches what is on the support site.) 

Do make a backup of the config file. 

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
shaheer

Thank you Dave...appreciate your effort & time for reply..

My situation is, Newly joined to the company and just received a fortianalyzer 100C which was running ver4.0 MR3 patch5, but when i tried to web login, receving Java script error. also i have no idea whether it has back up image in the device itself. but I have tried to boot up with the backup image  in fortianalyzer, but it's under going into HQIP test and not booting up to the image.  

Now i need,  either to revert back to my previous working scenario or to download & install the same firmware image and restore configiuration.

Since it has expired license, i cannot download the firmware image from the website.

So any advise how to tackle this issues..

Thanks in Advance...

Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Try booting the original firmware; if you can get into the GUI, perhaps place the device into maintenance mode.  Our old fortiAnalyzer would was so under powered (for the devices we have logging to it) that it would constantly hit 100% CPU usage and stay there and after a while the GUI display those java or other errors when trying to login -- we ended up just rebooting the device via SSH and it would be "fine" for awhile.   Since we used the FortiAnalyzer mainly as a logging device, we basically disabled the report generating features on it, which helped lowered the CPU usage on it.

Having an registered login ID on the support site and at least one (any) fortinet device with a valid subscription should allow you into the firmware download section.  As far as I am aware (but haven't checked lately), fortinet hasn't placed restrictions on what device firmware you can download.

shaheer
New Contributor

Hi Dave,

Kindly find the attached capture file during the boot procedure.

As it's shows, it's idle after the -Fortinet Hardware Quick Inspection Report-, not showing further...hence i cannot access web GUI even not pinging previous ip configured on it.

I think, there is no backup firmware in the device itself, right? 

where my previous running image gone?  is it delete from the device or can  i go to previous working scenario by bypassing this test?

Thanks in advance....

Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

During the boot up, press a key at "Press any key to display configuration menu..."

From there be options to boot the backup or alternate firmware image, transfer/load a firmware image via tftp, etc.

shaheer
New Contributor

Thanks Dave for your continues replies...

As of now, I tried firmware image from tftp and now it gives web login page access, but as i said earlier, showing java script error. 

Tried 2 firmware patches, v4.0 MR3 patch6 & patch8, but both the same issue.

Please find the attached error pic.

Do i need to format the disk? please guide me to tackle this issue..

Thanks & regards,

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors