Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mattPVD
New Contributor

Firmware Updates 50B

Hi folks, We have a Fortigate 50B that' s running 3.00-b0673(MR6 Patch 4). I see there are more recent firmware revisions, but it is not clear to me which one is appropriate for my unit, or if I need to update in a particular sequence. For example, do I just pick the highest number and install it on top of what I have? Can someone give me some guidance in getting up to date? Thanks, Matt
5 REPLIES 5
Matthijs
New Contributor II

In every release note it tells you what the minimum version is you can upgrade from. Someone has made an upgrade matrix here ;-) http://www.securelayers.com/cms/en/support-mainmenu-23/fortinet-firmware/upgrade-matrix Thanks to EricSecurelayes
mattPVD

Cool, that matrix looks like it has a lot of information, thanks! I' m trying to make sense of it all. Can you walk me through it? I think part of my confusion is with the nomenclature. There seems to be a few different methods of indicating version/revisions here, and I don' t quite understand what is what. Different names such as: Build # xxx, x.0 MR y, x.x.x, and x.00-b0xxx probably each mean something different, and some of them might be the same. Bottom line, how do I get from what I have to, as you suggest, 4.0 MR 2 patch 9 (build 334). Thanks! Matt
Paul_Dean
Contributor

Nice job!
NSE4
NSE4
Matthijs
New Contributor II

It' s pretty simple ;-) 3.00-b0673(MR6 Patch 4) can also be called as 3.0 MR6 Patch 4 / 3.6.4 So you start at 3.6.4 and you should be able to upgrade to 4.0.4 From there you can upgrade to 4.2.9 (not listed but look in the release notes to verity this. I guess this should be possible). I always recommend to make the steps a bit smaller so i would upgrade to 3.0 MR7 Patch x (highest) and then to 4.1.x and last but not least to 4.2.10. 4.3.x is not yet stable so don' t upgrade to that ;)
mattPVD

Thank you so much! That sounds like a great plan! ...now to carve out the time to do it...
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors