Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
RDSS
New Contributor

Firewall rebooting randomly

Hello,

I am using FortiWifi 40F and the firewall is having latest 7.4.1 firmware.

Since yesterday morning, the firewall is rebooting randomly. I have tried to look into the Firewall logs, policies and removed all the UTM attached, re-install firmware but nothing worked.

Could you please help me in finding the root cause and let me know if you have questions or suggestions.

Thank you

RD

3 REPLIES 3
kcheng
Staff
Staff

Hi @RDSS 

Do you happen to observe the CPU or memory usage prior the reboot? You may want to check if there's any application crash during month of December with the following command:

diag deb config-error-log read | grep 2023-12

It is not possible to determine the root cause as of the information that you provided. We need to know what are the symptoms that causes the reboot (whether it is due to utilization or other factor). If you require further technical support, please do create a ticket in our FortiCare portal and our engineer can assist you via remote session and investigation based on the logs captured.

Cheers,
Kayzie Cheng

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
BillH_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi @RDSS

1. Please use this knowledge base to monitor your firewall log. It is beneficial when an issue happens. Please follow the link and install the script. It has a lot of commands to get information automatically. 

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-FortiGate-monitoring-script/ta-p/193006

2. In addition, abnormal traffic can cause the system to crash in some cases. You should check what kind of traffic is at issue time. What is the abnormal one? Looping? Ddos? Is traffic bursting abnormally?

3. you can share the crashlog or console log. They are helpful to understand something.

Regards

Bill

BillH_FTNT

Hi @RDSS . Pls share your firewall Hardware version too.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors