Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Alexis96
New Contributor

Firewall or Anti Virus.

Hello for all..

from your experience how can I know if I have to install Anti Virus or Firewall in my company server..?

alot of people say that its enough to apply Anti Virus and no need for firewall protection and other say the opposite, and I am realy Confusing now, and also worried about any attacking or ransomware issue.

so please any advise will be very appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hi Alexis

Both are essential and complementary. Do not neglect any of them or think that one can replace the other. Firewall to protect at perimeter level like unauthorized access, and AV protects the endpoint from inside.

AEK
AEK
AlexC-FTNT
Staff
Staff

As @AEK mentioned, ideally you have both. As long as it remains accessible and provides service, a resource server is never too secure. Security of the endpoint is very important as well and must not be neglected. Whether it is FortiClient or another Antivirus, it's good to have it because not all server-side vulnerabilities can be detected and mediated by the FortiGate.

- Toss a 'Like' to your fixxer, oh Valley of Plenty! and chose the solution, too00oo -
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors