Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
rayo
New Contributor

Firewall control by API

Hi,

For a Customer Portal we are developing I am looking to include basic reporting from the Fortinet firewall (as a start with more control added later). Searching for API and web services documentation only gets me to the Fortinet Developer Network. Access to this is via SKU and is several thousand $ per year. It seems strange that Fortinet want to create a barrier for people to develop external apps to control their products but I guess there is reason to that somewhere. So in lieu of paying that princely sum does anyone know where we can get some basic documentation about APIs?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
gschmitt
Valued Contributor

If it's reporting you want you can start with SNMP

FatalHalt
Contributor II

I'm not sure why they lock the API documentation down to the FDN. If someone has a link to it, I definitely wouldn't mind seeing it!

That being said - I do know that the API only exists in 5.2.3 and newer firmware. 

Robin_Svanberg
Contributor

In the initial "Whats new" for 5.2.3 they released information about a REST API (See thread at https://forum.fortinet.com/tm.aspx?m=121368)

But, when they released 5.2.3 the REST API information was removed, so I think it´s not released yet?

Robin Svanberg Network Consultant @ Ethersec AB in Östersund, Sweden

robin.svanberg@ethersec.se

Robin Svanberg Network Consultant @ Ethersec AB in Östersund, Sweden robin.svanberg@ethersec.se
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors