Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
fortimaster
Contributor

Firewall action Allow in policy 0?

Hi all,

Recently I 've update my Fortigate 600E to 7.0.12 and I have Fortianalyzer 400E with v7.2.3. I've observed that I have a lot of  Firewall "Allow action" matching policy 0. The traffic is not passing (there are no received packets) but it's confusing for me when I study logs. I've read the release notes and I don't have find a bug talking about this.

picture.JPG

Why I see Accept action when the policy ID is 0? Thanks

16 REPLIES 16
srajeswaran

These are interim traffic logs generated with the Log ID of 20, and the sentdelta/rcvddelta fields filled in with an increment of bytes which are sent/received after the start of the session or previous interim traffic log.
Can you check the logs for session ID 266593319 (or any other session ID from one of these logs), I would expect to see multiple entries for this session and the first one will have the actual policy ID.

You can find more details on interim logs on https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortianalyzer/6.2.0/new-features/902615/fortiview-long-lived-sess...

Regards,

Suraj

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

fortimaster

Thanks for your help.

If I search for session ID 266593319 I found 256 entries. The first one matches policy 0, like all the other.

I attach you a picture. I think the best would be to open a case... id0.JPG

srajeswaran

Yes, opening TAC ticket will be ideal for detailed investigation.
Can you run the same filter for some other sessions as well to confirm if the behavior is same?

Also I see the logs are between Sep9 to Sep12, do you see the entries for all 3 days? If so, I would suggest checking the logs for a larger duration.

Regards,

Suraj

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

fortimaster

I've checked another sessions and the result is the same. All matches policy 0 with an allow action.

I didn't try that session for a longer time than 3 days, because it ended the same day... 

I have opened a case. I'll keep you informed. Thanks ¡¡

srajeswaran

While checking another issue I could see an internal bug reported for this issue and the fix is there in 7.2.4 onwards. Is it possible for you to upgrade to 7.2.5 (latest and check the behavior)?

Regards,

Suraj

fortimaster

I have a case open with fortinet... Could you give me the bug id?

On the other hand, I don't want to upgrade to a feature version... My current version is the recommended for my firewalls model and it's a mature version, not feature like 7.2xxx

Thanks for your help.

fortimaster
Contributor

Thanks to all. It was a bug, Fortinet is going to fix it in new 7.0 releases.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors