Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
dreamerkan
New Contributor

Firewall Renewal

Dear all,

We would like to renew our Fortigate 100D and we need purchase "FC-10-00116-950-02-12" as below:

FortiGate-100D 1 Year Unified (UTM) Protection (24x7 FortiCare plus Application Control, IPS, AV, Web Filtering and Antispam, FortiSandbox Cloud)

Our SI told me that the above renewal does not include Hardware replacement and they told us that if we don't renew the firewall, we cannot use the UTM function of the Fortigate 100D.

Is that true?

Can I find relevant information in fortinet website?

Best Regards,

Ivan

3 REPLIES 3
hohosecure
New Contributor III

Ivan,

My understanding is that FC-10-00116-950-02-12 includes "24x7 FortiCare", and that "24x7 FortiCare" always includes Advance Hardware replacement.

Ho-ho.

dreamerkan

Thx!

Ivan

sw2090
Honored Contributor

it does but afair only in case of defective hardware/rma. 

I don't think Fortinet will relplace a working fortigate without selling you a new one.

If it's just your licenses expiring you just need to renew the license(s). If they expire you cannot use utm anymore on that fortigate until you get your FGT a new license. This can be rather nasty: if you e.g. use webfilter in some policy it will block every website if there is no valid webfilter license anymore...

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors