Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
lionheart23
New Contributor

Firewall HA Mode Inquiry

Dear member/ support, 

I would like to seeking for your advice and assistance for the problem that I had been facing recently. 

I have configure my fortigate 300D firewall into HA mode, the primay unit has a valid license, and secondary unit license is expired. But in the web based dashboard, it show my primary information expired although it has a valid license, just the secondary is expired.

my primary unit serial no: FGT3HD3916808760, serve as primary (valid license) secondary serial no: FGT3HD3915801957, serve as secondary (expired license)

Both are running active - active mode.

In dasboard, System - HA, it show as below:

FGT3HD3916808760 Master

FGT3HD3915801957 Slave

here's my question, why the dashboard show license expired after i have switch both unit into HA mode? although the screen show my primary serial no, but it display expired license information? Is there any way to correct it ? 

1 REPLY 1
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

I don't know what would show up on GUI and why when one of HA member's license status is different from the other members. Only I know is all members' model and licenses need to be identical for HA to work properly. And only things I can suggest are:

a) renew the slave licenses asap (SE/TAC should be able to temporarily re-enable them if the order is in progress), and try co-term it with the master so that next time both expire at the same time

b) shut down the slave

c) isolate or remove the slave from network and remove HA config from the master to make it stand alone.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors