Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
JC_Geosoft
New Contributor

[Feature Request] FortiGuard-IP send 554 5.7.1 on session profile

Hi There,

Can you please send out 554 5.7.1 error codes when FortiGuard-IP rejects happen in the session profile. The current observed behaviour is that the connection is dropped without reason. From the FortiMail log:

[ul]
  • Message Milter: connect: host=[x.x.x.x], addr=x.x.x.x, shutdown[/ul]

This causes emails to redirect to our secondary email server, which is not a FortiMail appliance, and then come inbound through that server instead. The sending client will miss any type bounce/rejection due to this pathing.

Because of this, I had to purposefully move the FortiGuard-IP reject from the session profile to the AntiSpam profile so that a proper 554 5.7.1 could be sent to the sending client. I can also apply a custom message that will be sent to that client as well: After the move, my message looks like this:

[ul]
  • Message Milter: data, reject=554 5.7.1 This email from IP x.x.x.x has been rejected. The email message was detected as spam. If you believe that this failure is in error, please contact the intended recipient via alternate means. Visit [link]http://fortiguard.com/learnmore#as[/link] for more information[/ul]

At least at this point the sending client will get a bounce back error message from their own server informing them of the issue of the email delivery.

• 0 REPLIES 0
    Labels
    Top Kudoed Authors