Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
LarW63
New Contributor III

Failing to Reach Public Fortiguard Servers

Hi,

We use Fortimanager (FM) to administer several Fortigates (FG).  Under Central-Management in the CLI, we set the fmg-source-ip to the FG's Loopback address.  We have configured a server-list entry pointing to FM, which acts as an "internal" Fortiguard server.  Lastly, we left the public Fortiguard servers enabled as a fallback.  

An issue occurs when a FG tries to use the public servers.  The packet leaving on the WAN interface has its source address set to the private Loopback address.  I can’t find a way to specify using NAT for this local-out traffic on the WAN interface.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you for your time.

Larry

2 REPLIES 2
oheigl
Contributor II

Hi Larry,

I'm afraid this is not possible, because self originating traffic is not handled by policies and nat rules. Maybe the latest firmware has some new features I don't know about yet, but in my experience for this to work you need to put this loopback interface in an own VDOM and then create the NAT rules and so on in the other VDOM.

Kind regards

LarW63
New Contributor III

Thank you oheigl.  I was suspecting this to be the case.  I hadn't thought of separating with VDOMs...

Larry

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors