Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jlozen
New Contributor

Failed to quarantine

Has anyone seen forticlient fail to quarantine before? I attacked a screenshot of the virus alert. I also had forticlient perform an illegal operation on reboot but i unfortunately don't have the screenshot of that. After the reboot it just had a command prompt window open saying that forticlient performed an illegal operation and the reboot window was up again.

1 Solution
kolawale_FTNT

The screenshot shows two executable (.exe) files that appear to be downloaded over the internet (they are in AppData local directory), detected as virus and could not be quarantined. This usually happens because the file was blocked by FortiClient Real Time Protection (RTP) before it could be created. Thus, there is no file to quarantine.

If you observe this again, check the file path to see if there is any file present.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
kolawale_FTNT

The screenshot shows two executable (.exe) files that appear to be downloaded over the internet (they are in AppData local directory), detected as virus and could not be quarantined. This usually happens because the file was blocked by FortiClient Real Time Protection (RTP) before it could be created. Thus, there is no file to quarantine.

If you observe this again, check the file path to see if there is any file present.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors