Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ladeth
New Contributor II

Failed backup/restore to/from USB disk

Since I've upgraded my Fortigate (FG40C, FG60D, FG110C...) with FortiOS 5.2.2, I'm unable to backup my configuration to USB or restore a config from my USB disk.

The CLI command used is "execute backup config usb myfilename.conf" or "execute restore config usb myfilename.conf".

I always receive the following error message : "No usb disk plugged-in, please wait... command fail. return code -160".

Executing the following CLi command "execute usb-disk list", the Fortigate is able to display the USB files list.

The backup/restore works fine with the same USB disk (FAT formatted), on the same Fortigate appliance with an older firmware version (4.0 MR3 Patch 10 for example).

Any idea ?

Thanks for your answers...

FCNSP V.4, V.5

FCNSP V.4, V.5
3 REPLIES 3
Carl_Wallmark
Valued Contributor

I think I read something about a bug regarding USB, and it´s fixed in 5.2.3.

BUG ID 265242 In some cases, the FortiGate may not backup the configuration onto a USB memory stick in the CLI.

Take a look at the release notes at

http://docs.fortinet.com/fortigate/release-information

FCNSA, FCNSP
---
FortiGate 200A/B, 224B, 110C, 100A/D, 80C/CM/Voice, 60B/C/CX/D, 50B, 40C, 30B
FortiAnalyzer 100B, 100C
FortiMail 100,100C
FortiManager VM
FortiAuthenticator VM
FortiToken
FortiAP 220B/221B, 11C

FCNSA, FCNSP---FortiGate 200A/B, 224B, 110C, 100A/D, 80C/CM/Voice, 60B/C/CX/D, 50B, 40C, 30BFortiAnalyzer 100B, 100CFortiMail 100,100CFortiManager VMFortiAuthenticator VMFortiTokenFortiAP 220B/221B, 11C
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

i Would personally check to see if the usb is shown mounted

execute usb-device list

or

fnsysctl mount

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Shawn_W
Contributor

Let us know if an update resolves your issue.  Thanks.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors