Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
NeMT
New Contributor

FWF60F Status LED off after firmware upgrade to 7.2.8

I have upgraded several FWF60F's to firmware version 7.2.8.

2 of the firewalls were upgraded last week and I upgraded 2 other firewalls today. Status LED's of all firewalls did not turn on after the upgrade and are still off as of the moment but the firewalls are online and have been tested working. Any idea what might have caused this?

5 REPLIES 5
NeMT
New Contributor

Did the status LED turn off after the upgrade?

amuda
Staff
Staff

Hi @NeMT ,

You may run HQIP test to check if there's any hardware issue with your LEDs/FortiGate.

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-RMA-Note-Hardware-troubleshooting-with-bui...

Amerul
APAC TAC
ozkanaltas
Contributor III

Hello @NeMT ,

This is a bug and this bug will resolve with version 7.2.9. 

But if you want to apply a workaround solution, you can shut down your device and open it again. After this operation status led should work. 

Sentomela faced the same issue. You can read this, he solved their problem with this workaround. 

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/Support-Forum/Status-LED-not-being-quot-On-quot-after-upgrade-Fort...

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
NeMT

Thanks for letting me know. When will Fortinet release version 7.2.9? I have also opened a case with Fortinet technical support. They are still investigating the issue and have not provided a date of release of new firmware which will fix this issue.

ozkanaltas

Hello @NeMT ,

I don't know when will released version 7.2.9 but in my opinion, this bug is unimportant. 

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors