Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Paulo_Espinosa
New Contributor

FTP support.fortinet.com is working?

Hi everybody this is my first post. 

BTW: I been trying to logging to the support site of fortinet using the FTP access but I notice is not working and also why they said you can logging to the ftp to download the firmware in the KB Document guides, the FTP is very helpful for most of the tasks related to manage and update the devices.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

hi,

Fortinet has discontinued the FTP site. Firmware images etc. are only available via HTTP(S).

I've noticed that only 2 concurrent downloads are permitted which costs a lot of time to download a new version for several models.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Paul_Dean

Anyone know if Fortinet are going to allow FTP downloads again? I'm only able to download files one at a time now.

It is quite time consuming to get firmware images now.

NSE4
NSE4
hklb

Hi,

Is anyone has an alternative to the https download ?

Download firmware takes a lot of time..

Lucas

ede_pfau

I noticed download speed has improved substantially last week. I'm not sure if that is globally so, or will stay for long. In any case, downloading one file now takes about 20 sec so that I can stay on it. FTP download nevertheless was way smoother.

Why not allow FTP downloads in the Partner portal, if not for the general public?

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors